A new functionality exists in RoadLog Office v5.70 to allow ELD-Format inspections of ELD Data (officially called a Standard Output File by the FMCSA). The function sends data directly to local or federal enforcement.
- Go to Inspection -> Send
- Click the driver box and select the desired driver
- Click the from and to date boxes to select the desired date range
- Enter a comment. Typically the comment will be the badge number of the inspecting agent. The agent will use this comment to find the file that he wishes to inspect.
- Click submit to instantly transmit the file.
- “Submission completed” will appear in a green box at the top of the screen.
After submitting the file, the file will appear on the Inspection -> History page. Note that the filters are looking for the period that the output file was submitted for, not the date it was submitted. You may need to broaden the filter range. The user can download the file for any reason (e.g. officer requests the file on a USB stick) using the download icon, although the file is not human readable.
Example of a Standard Output File’s contents: